RenoServices.ca Forum

RenoServices.ca Forum (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Professionals and Services (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Contractors you deal with (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

kyleira 08-11-2007 05:46 AM

Contractors you deal with

Please list your regular contractors that you use, so that we might be able to get a list of good contractors for everyone to use that visits the forum and needs one. I will be putting together a list of the places I know of and use and place it in here in the next day or so. Please do the same.

jamison 08-11-2007 04:53 PM

I no longer deal with contractors unless they are willing to sign a contract. I now really spend time learning how to DIY. This saves a lot of money and allows you to be able to learn new trades. So what I am trying to say is that I do not have a list of contractors that I use.

kyleira 08-19-2007 02:50 AM

It appears that every I read people are having problems with contractors either ripping them off, not completing the work as requested or stating they did not cover that in their price quote. I think that they are just out for the money and think you need them so bad that they do not have to perform as you want them to.

Kreativnml 01-27-2008 04:58 AM

Correction!

I can tell you wholeheartedly, that after purchasing 3 new homes in the past 15 years, my latest purchase of a brand new home built by Orchid Valley Homes was BY FAR the best experience I've ever had with any builder!

We sold our last house in November of 2007, and Tony (the owner) promised us that our new home would be built and ready for us by mid January, and not only did he bust his ass to make sure it was ready on time, but the house far exceeded any new home I've either toured or owned, in terms of Quality, Workmanship, overall care to build a gorgeous home, and many instances of going "above-and-beyond" to make ABSOLUTELY sure each and every aspect of the home was built as if he was building it for himself and his own family.

We cannot emphasize enough how overjoyed we are with our home, its workmanship, appearance, value, and our experience with Tony and his wife Lucy.

If you are looking at builders of new homes in the Georgina area (Sutton, Willow Beach, Island Grove, and other south-shore communities of Lake Simcoe ) of Ontario, then we would strongly advise you to visit Orchid Valley's sales office in Newmarket or call them at 905-898-2623.

SeanPorter 02-27-2008 06:44 PM

Thanks for sharing...

Thank you Kreativnml for sharing your positive experience with your recent purchase. Was there anything that they did better than the previous builders? I would be interested to know what to watch out for when buying a new home from a builder... please advise. Does Tony have a website that we can take a look at? Thanks!