RenoServices.ca Forum

RenoServices.ca Forum (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Home and Garden (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Garden Waterfall (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=39)

harvcr 08-11-2007 05:00 PM

Garden Waterfall

One of my neighbors built a waterfall in their front yard, by their driveway. It is more of a stream going down the slope than a waterfall but it looks beautiful.
They have a slope of about 30 degrees and they covered a portion of that with medium size rocks from top to bottom of the slope. The water if released from the top and on the bottom I think the have like an underground pool that catches the water which is pumped up by underground hoses.

Does any of you have seen any of these waterfalls?

kyleira 08-19-2007 02:44 AM

I have not seen waterfalls as you describe, however I have seen ones that are varying from what you have here. Garden Waterfalls can be a way to beautify the already amazing yard you have or spruce up the one that you need to have worked on.

azaleaeight 08-19-2007 03:14 AM

Garden Waterfall

I have seen that kind of thing, but not in a private home.

Just in case you'd be interested, here's a couple of sites that offer information about how they can be built:

www.myidealgarden.com/w/garden-waterfall.html

watergarden.com/.../Waterfall-Kits/building-disappearing-waterfall.htm

harvcr 08-23-2007 11:34 PM

Yeah, my neighbors waterfall looks about the same as the one in the picture from the link provided by azaleaeight. The only difference is that my neighbor's is a little bit smaller and the pond is not as big. I yet have to build one of these. :cool:

10cents 08-29-2007 04:24 AM

I've seen quite a few of those types in malls and resorts. There are also varieties that can be placed on top of tables or corners of rooms. Running and falling water does add a bit of charm to any garden and home.

Rannek 08-29-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaleaeight
I have seen that kind of thing, but not in a private home.

Just in case you'd be interested, here's a couple of sites that offer information about how they can be built:

www.myidealgarden.com/w/garden-waterfall.html

watergarden.com/.../Waterfall-Kits/building-disappearing-waterfall.htm
I really like that first link that you provided. I always pass this one house by where i live that has a really nice waterfall in the front of it that runs everday 24/7. It looks so real.

Gizmo 08-30-2007 03:44 PM

I love a waterfeature, but it must not be out of place. I have seen so many waterfeatures that was just plugged down there. No planning no estetics, nothing. If you to this you will work against your own ideas and it will end up looking pretty stupid.

But get the right water feature, making sure it is fitted in with your whole house plan, and it will be a fantastic addition to your house.

Delysid 08-31-2007 03:52 PM

We have a smallish waterfall at the bottom of our garden. Very natural waterfall at that. We have layers of stones in step formation - about 5 steps. The waterfall keeps the same pattern and provides a great sound at night with the water splashing into the pond. Very serene indeed.

anto1963 10-01-2007 06:28 PM

I have a relative in Australia who has a beautiful water feature in his garden, it is a memorial for a child they lost to cancer. It is lovely to look at, relaxing to listen to, for a while, but all that running water plays havoc with the bladder. :D