RenoServices.ca Forum

RenoServices.ca Forum (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Home and Garden (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bricks (http://www.renoservices.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27)

hummingbird42256 08-09-2007 12:23 AM

Bricks

I have a small mountain of bricks.I need ideas to use them inside or out. I cannot use them as sidewalk as they have 3 small holes in them.

10cents 08-09-2007 03:13 AM

Why not? They'd look different from other walks. You could also edge garden beds with them, makes them neater and keep the precious soil in. The rest you could place along the paths between the beds. :)

kyleira 08-10-2007 03:14 AM

Great idea. I would like to say that you can also use them by digging a small trench around your driveway or sidewalks and place them there to accent those areas. It will make them look fresh and draw some attention as well.

harvcr 08-11-2007 04:42 PM

I suggest that you use them outside...
I don't see why you cannot use them as sidewalk, you could at least make a path with them. If you have a garden or if you are planning on plating, you could use these bricks to make a path in between the plants so you can give garden tours to your neighbors and make them jealous... ;)

katharina 08-14-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird42256
I have a small mountain of bricks.I need ideas to use them inside or out. I cannot use them as sidewalk as they have 3 small holes in them.

I've always liked to see either flower beds or the base of trees accented with things like this. I think the prettiest in my own opinion, is a brick enclosure around the base of a tree (not too close to it, though!) and then filled with mulch and with a few colorful plants within the enclosure.

kyleira 08-19-2007 02:43 AM

With all these great ideas, and the many more that are inspired by these ones. I am sure that you will be able to find something to do with these left over bricks that are taking up space.

azaleaeight 08-19-2007 03:26 AM

Bricks

If I had a bunch of bricks I'd probably find a place to create a little patio somewhere in the yard. Even if you already have one patio you can always you another somewhere. I'd add some plants, a little table, and a couple of chairs.

katharina 08-20-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaleaeight
If I had a bunch of bricks I'd probably find a place to create a little patio somewhere in the yard. Even if you already have one patio you can always you another somewhere. I'd add some plants, a little table, and a couple of chairs.

I like this idea, too... I might be tempted to buy a great grill and build a little grilling area in the back yard... for that matter, bricks would probably work for some kind of grilling pit, too... right? Maybe I'm thinking of these things because I'm hungry. :)

Delysid 08-31-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Bricks are actually expensive. Sell them off to a builder's yard. They will pay for a small fortune for all those bricks! If you're feeling generous though then there will be many local projects that are seeking donations - such as bricks.

shakiz26 09-05-2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

My neighbour had quite a big front garden and she made it look very nice, she had plants up the front by the gate with a long row of bricks on the other side of the plants looked quite neat, then she had a few plants around with the bricks made like a pot plant kind of thing, the bricks were set up like a wall around the plant looked very nice, maybe an idea you can use or try out.