View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:24 PM

I can't talk about your specific problem, but to add to the discussion, I lost my apple tree about 3 years ago in heavy winds...it just rolled right over. It was a terrible shame, because it was really old and I got immense pleasure in the spring from seeing the blossoms and in late summer from collecting the cooking-apple fruit, but guess things happen. At least the garden looks a lot lighter now.

But yes, losing a tree can be devestating in a very odd sort of way, so my condolences for your willow. Just make sure you use the space it once dominated well. And as for vegetation loss? I know it isn't pretty right now, but just consider it all part of mother nature's grand plan. You just weren't meant to enjoy your garden this year...clearly you have pressing jobs fate wants you to attend to inside

Seriously though, I know it isn't pretty, but you're best leaving the branches as they are I think - they should grow back next year even more strongly, and when you're enjoying them then you won't regret it. Just leave them to their own devices, maybe giving them a slight prune in Autumn, but nothing too severe. Just what I'd do, of course - not based on any authoritative source