RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Design and Decor
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Room Color

I want to repaint my room since the walls are dirty already. My room used to be my older brother's room so the paint color is light blue. I don't like it all because I want a more feminine color. Can you suggest a good color for my room?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 PM

Well a more feminine color would be peaches ,lavenders and pink shades I think.My son picked what I thought was a feminine shade, but he is not by far feminine.He picked like a salmon color .Some were surprised by his choice of colors.Even I was, it looks more of a shade of pink.But who says guys can't enjoy pink anyway.We just associate these colors with girls.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest
I want to repaint my room since the walls are dirty already. My room used to be my older brother's room so the paint color is light blue. I don't like it all because I want a more feminine color. Can you suggest a good color for my room?

PINK! No, really, let's think out of the box. You might want relaxing colors so pale greens and yellows may appeal to you. If your a bit adventurous, turquoise and reds may work. Me, I prefer white since it serves as a backdrop for the accessories and decor.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 AM

I agree with the white idea - especially if you get a glossy paint that can be cleaned easily, or washable wallpaper with a discrete pattern on it. You can then do whatever you like, and not have to worry about pictures / ornaments not suiting the colour of the room.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:33 PM

I think white is a great color but I'm just worried that it will get dirty easily. So I'm really torn. I'm going to use my room as a study room since I'm going back to school this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird42256
Well a more feminine color would be peaches ,lavenders and pink shades I think.My son picked what I thought was a feminine shade, but he is not by far feminine.He picked like a salmon color .Some were surprised by his choice of colors.Even I was, it looks more of a shade of pink.But who says guys can't enjoy pink anyway.We just associate these colors with girls.

Nice choice actually.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest

I think if I'd be doing a room like that, I'd choose shades of lavender... maybe both darks and lights. Problem with that is that you may have trouble matching curtains, bedding, etc. that actually match.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM

If you're using it as a study room, you may want to avoid colors that are too relaxing...don't want to fall asleep on the books! I always like light green. It's not especially feminine, but it matches a lot of accents, so you can make the room as feminine as you like.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 AM

i wouldnt go for white, have used it and didnt like it at all. used to get dirty everytime. i would rather say pinkas it is a feminine romantic color that can bring out feelings of tranquility and passiveness. it would be great choice for your living room.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 AM

How about lime and pink? I'm thinking about repainting my room and I'm going to use those colors. Or maybe lime and brown. I'm not sure yet.

Here's a pic. It might be too childish or girly for your taste.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 AM

Eventhough it looks freaky I like it!
It is really decorative.
I would defenitly suggest you not to take just one color. Either you take one color for the wall and one for ceiling or you put different colors on the wall.