RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Reviews - Let's talk about Renovation Contractors and Companies around the GTA > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 02:23 AM

Default Cholette's Roofing Oshawa Stay Away

Now on to our nightmare. We ended up with a few problems resulting from the job. First off, they never protected the eaves trough from the ladders and dented and scratched up the eaves trough in two areas. I noticed this after the job was completed and was quite upset over the damage caused.

Also, the contract called for 5 static air vents to be part of the contract. Three were already existing they were to cut in another two. This was also not done.

I called the owner and informed him of the problems and damage. He showed up later that day, I showed him all the damage to the eaves trough and asked why his company didn't use ladder extenders to keep them away from the eaves trough. He said they usually do but they were buried in a shed or something. I also mentioned about the static that were missed, he had part of his crew come back and cut in and install the two static vents missing on the roof and he added a bonus one in the garage. After they installed the bonus vent on the garage we noticed more damage to the eaves trough in a different area, as for some reason they didn't place the ladder in the same place the second time they went up to cut the vent in the garage.

Later that day with closer inspection we found a very messy edge and poor workmanship on the garage. Unfortunately we can't get up to the main roof as we don't have a ladder.

My experience with this company was very disappointing. I posted a picture on a professional roofing forum and the reviews were harsh pointing out the poor workmanship. go here for reviews

http://www.roofing.com/forum/sutra38853.html#38853

In closing I would not recommend this company in any way shape or form. The owner's attitude was very matter of fact and unconcerned.