RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Design and Decor
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Colour of wall

What colour should be the room of a new born child. my sister is expecting soon and i suggested pink or blue to her. any more ideas as to what colour they should be ?
Old 08-27-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Newborn's Nursery Wall Color

I like wallpaper in a nursery, but if the nursery room walls were to be painted I'd go with a basic oatmeal-type wall color and add something like a wallpaper border or else stencil (as either a border or as one, single, focal, point on one wall).
Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Saulie Send a message via MSN to Saulie

I think baby blue would look nice, see what I did there? =P No really, I think baby blue for a boy and pink for a girl, and if she doesn't know what it is yet, then go for baby blue it will look nice for a girl aswell.

As an alternative to blue and pink, maybee some sort of cream, as long as you don't chose a shade that's too dulll you will be allright.

Last edited by Saulie : 08-27-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigs
What colour should be the room of a new born child. my sister is expecting soon and i suggested pink or blue to her. any more ideas as to what colour they should be ?

I think blue is rather basic, but I'm not sure about a room with pink walls. Maybe for a girl you may like a pale yellow or green... well those colors would be great for either gender actually. You could also stay with a neutral color for the walls and then decorate with all kinds of lovely colors for the accents.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulie
I think baby blue would look nice, see what I did there? =P No really, I think baby blue for a boy and pink for a girl, and if she doesn't know what it is yet, then go for baby blue it will look nice for a girl aswell.

As an alternative to blue and pink, maybee some sort of cream, as long as you don't chose a shade that's too dulll you will be allright.
That's exactly what i was going to say. A light baby blue would be great for a newborn boy's room. Then a pink color would be great for a newborn girl's room.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigs

I think that blue for a boy is very nice and pink for a girl is very pretty, I agree with azaleaeight about the wallpaper i'm pretty sure there are some very nice patterns for babies out there, that have nice colours as well as patterns, maybe if your sister likes a certain character or theme could find something around to make it look nice as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:54 PM

If the sex of the baby is unknown a delicate shade of yellow, lilac, or pale green on the walls would look nice, a border could be added to add extra colour.
When i knitted for any babies, sex unknown, i always knitted in these colours as they are pretty neutral and are also nice fresh colours.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannek
That's exactly what i was going to say. A light baby blue would be great for a newborn boy's room. Then a pink color would be great for a newborn girl's room.

Yes, you're right.

But if you want two colors you can try this one - pink and yellow. Just look at this picture. It's so cute!

For boys - blue and yellow.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 PM

I have to admit, yes they do look really nice, almost makes me want to have a baby, thank goodness I can't.