RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Reviews - Let's talk about Renovation Contractors and Companies around the GTA > Home and Garden
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Anyone having experience with BellaDona?

though this is not a typical thing to grow, but I was interested in growing Bella Donna as a house plant and was just wondering if anybody has grown this from seeds, and could give me some tips on how to grow it. i just thought it would be something interesting to have.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

I've never grown them nor have experience sorry. But what i was replying here for is because i searched on google and checked out some images and they look neat, i hope you can grow them safely.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 AM

I think belladonnas are toxic plants and that is why they are also called "Deadly nightshade"!
Belladonna is one of the most toxic plants found in the Western hemisphere. Children have been poisoned by eating as few as three berries. Ingestion of a leaf of the Belladonna can be fatal to an adult[citation needed]. The root of the plant is generally the most toxic par, though this can vary from one specimen to another.

Maybe you're talking about another kind of Belladonna huh?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Delysid Send a message via Yahoo to Delysid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigs
though this is not a typical thing to grow, but I was interested in growing Bella Donna as a house plant and was just wondering if anybody has grown this from seeds, and could give me some tips on how to grow it. i just thought it would be something interesting to have.

Isn't Belladonna a poisonous plant? I hope you do not have any pets of any sorts as that could well be exceedingly dangerous.

Talk RSI - Discuss RSI related issues with fellow RSI sufferers.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:52 AM

Belladonna is Italian for "beautiful woman" and, yes, they can be deadly. A lot of controversies surrounds the toxic plant. like people who consumed animals who ate the plant died. So please don't eat your puppy if it died due to the deadly nightshade.

Although they would be useful for nosy neighbours, I won't really consider planting it especially if there are kids around. But if you still want to go ahead, maybe this site can help you...
http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants...belladonna.html
Old 09-01-2007, 07:57 PM

yea its poisonous and it would be little different than growing regular plants. i dont have any kids or pets around in my house. had pets but now they live in a different country along with my parents. so its all me now.