RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Design and Decor
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Messy Wires

There are so many wires here in my room and it's driving me crazy. I have a small room with only one electrical socket? My computer is also wired to a router.

What do you think should I do?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Sounds like you need an electrician.Thats very dangerous to run everything from one plug.I never have enough where I want them. If I was going to have to use one plug, I would probably invest in a good surge protector and use that. Less danger of a fire. You really need to have more plugs installed though.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest
There are so many wires here in my room and it's driving me crazy. I have a small room with only one electrical socket? My computer is also wired to a router.

What do you think should I do?

How many appliances are you running? If you can't get a new wall socket, then get one of those strip outlets (heavy duty only) with their own circuit breakers. Then organize your appliance so their wires don't cross. Finally, get some hooks and tire-wires so you can keep them together.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 AM

You could also consider getting a wireless keyboard and mouse, and a wireless router, so you save on a few non-electrical wires. I have a similar problem in my flat, and wireless has helped a bit, although I keep forgetting to charge my mouse up when I go to bed
Old 08-19-2007, 06:01 AM

Here's one site that offers all kinds of things to hide cords:

cataloglink.com

If you do a search, "hide cords", you'll come up with a bunch of places that show available products.

First, though, the question is whether you're using a heavy-duty power strip with that one outlet or whether there's any other way that all those electrical plugs/cords are presenting a fire hazard.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Thank you so much for your replies.

I have one electrical socket but there are three plugs (not sure if this is the correct term). I only have my computer and TV. The router and modem is plugged in the living room. My airconditioner is of course plugged somewhere else.