RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > General DIY Discussions.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Wasp Nest

I don't know if this exactly counts as DIY, but I feel I should probably ask here regardless as it is problem I have, and it's in my home

The thing is, I went up into the loft last winter and found a HUGE wasp nest. I never imagined that a nest could ever get so big...it's at least 3m long and 2m high, stuck up in my rafters. I don't think that there are any more wasps in it (at least there are none flying about in the attic), but I wondered, is it alright for me to just pull it down by hand?

My instinct is to say no and call in a professional (I once saw a television programme where they mocked up real emergency calls, and there was a similar situation in whih a dog dislodged a nest and the house filled with thousands of wasps), but I'm still left wondering...could it possibly be safe to do myself, and is there a test I could do to see if all of the wasps were gone?

It's not an urgent thing - but it's a bit like having a spot...now I've seen it, I want it gone - you know?

Any ideas?