RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Reviews - Let's talk about Renovation Contractors and Companies around the GTA > Home and Garden
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Garden Plants

I want to plant something in my backyard but I'm not sure what kind of plants I need. I want my backyard look as green as possible with flower-plants or something like that. I want a small jungle...
What kind of plants do you suggest I plant?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Hi!

In what region are you located? Temperate or semi-tropics? Your climate usually dictates on what plants you can grow if you're not ready to take that extra mile for exotics. But if you want to get that jungle look, bamboos would help. They very easy to grow and hardy. Shallow root system too and there's usually a variety for every climate except for deserts and the frigid zones.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 AM

why do you want to make your backyard look like a jungle? most people use it as a kitchen garden and plant different kind of vegetable plants over there. i just dont get the point of making it look like a jungle.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigs
why do you want to make your backyard look like a jungle? most people use it as a kitchen garden and plant different kind of vegetable plants over there. i just dont get the point of making it look like a jungle.

In some places, the front yard is usually a grass lawn so the back yard becomes a sort of a family retreat where they spend time, play, and do barbecues. So people spruce it up into beautiful gardens. It's actually a tropical-like garden he wants.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10cents

In some places, the front yard is usually a grass lawn so the back yard becomes a sort of a family retreat where they spend time, play, and do barbecues. So people spruce it up into beautiful gardens. It's actually a tropical-like garden he wants.

Yeah!!! That's what I'm really looking for... I want my front yard to look nice and clean but I want my backyard to look like a tropical forest... and when I say forest I don't mean a messy looking forest, I want to arrange the plants in a way that the backyard looks very green but there's also space for family activities.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Delysid Send a message via Yahoo to Delysid

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvcr
I want to plant something in my backyard but I'm not sure what kind of plants I need. I want my backyard look as green as possible with flower-plants or something like that. I want a small jungle...
What kind of plants do you suggest I plant?

Morning Glory are beautiful plants to grow! Just be weary of what may begin to eat them as the seeds contain LSA which is similar to LSD. Apparently it adds much enjoyment watching intoxicated bees flying around after landing on the Morning Glory.

Talk RSI - Discuss RSI related issues with fellow RSI sufferers.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delysid
Morning Glory are beautiful plants to grow! Just be weary of what may begin to eat them as the seeds contain LSA which is similar to LSD. Apparently it adds much enjoyment watching intoxicated bees flying around after landing on the Morning Glory.

You're giving me an idea. Maybe they're not really named for their glorious flowers? A bed of morning glories interspersed with a few of those green five-fingered plants would make a nice addition to any garden. I hope the bees won't go berserk and go puncturing unwary humans who're simply enjoying the sight.