RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Design and Decor
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Default House color scheme.

So whats colors schemes have you gone for in your house. In our kitchen and dining room we've gone for a nice herb green with a light green on the chimney breast. In the living area a really nice cream with coffee on the chimney breast. With orangy sofas. The sofas sound as if they don't fit in but they do.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 PM

I have an aray of colors in my home. The kids all picked their own colors. One is pink,one kind of peach and one violet.My living room is one color on top, near white and then a chairail ,then an almond color.The kitchen and dining rooms are blue and the baths are cream.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So whats colors schemes have you gone for in your house. In our kitchen and dining room we've gone for a nice herb green with a light green on the chimney breast. In the living area a really nice cream with coffee on the chimney breast. With orangy sofas. The sofas sound as if they don't fit in but they do.

I can picture how the sofas match the room. I would just like to know what inspires you to accent the chimney in both rooms. I can understand in one or the other, but am curious to know why in both you have chosen to do this. The colors sound great and would be something I would use as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

My main room (living room) is cream colored with Victorian colors for the curtains and furniture. Bedrooms are various colors from blue to cream. My kitchen is yellow, library is paneled, and my daughter has a special room upstairs that she chose a really bright blue color for... it's... hehe well, noticeable, but she loves it. The stairway needs to be muted because I put a really dark color on there that was in vogue three years ago and maybe still, but I truly don't like it.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Color Schemes in the House

Although the rooms have differences, my leanings are toward creams with different accents in celery and sage and hints of pale mauves/lilacs.