RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Reviews - Let's talk about Renovation Contractors and Companies around the GTA > General Discussion - Stories and Advice
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rannek
Default Cleaning the area up before working

Hey, i was just thinking... What do most of you hate when working or redesigning something in your house? The thing i hate most is if the room is very messy like a bedroom or something. It takes more effort to clean it out then to make the new adjustments in my opinion :P. Let's here your stories!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 AM

I agree with you. Many times takes way more time and effort to get the area where you're going to work on than the actual work you're going to do.
I bought a futon the other day and it took me about 2 hours to get the room clean but it took me about 30 mins to place and assemble the futon.
At least the room looks cleaner...
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM

I find that doing some DIY is a great way to help getting those clean jobs done, like the shed the other day... Need to sort it all out and then do some work inside it. I used like two days just cleaning and sorting (and made about $100 as well on what I sold ) and then the work took like 6 hours total. But it is great, my shed is cleaned and sorted again...well for now at least.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Delysid Send a message via Yahoo to Delysid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannek
Hey, i was just thinking... What do most of you hate when working or redesigning something in your house? The thing i hate most is if the room is very messy like a bedroom or something. It takes more effort to clean it out then to make the new adjustments in my opinion :P. Let's here your stories!

Me too, me too! I love stripping off wallpaper but I despise having to clear it all up off of the floor once you have finished. It is an absolute nightmare. It'd be great if the vacuum was actually powerful enough to suck up all the BIG bits!

Talk RSI - Discuss RSI related issues with fellow RSI sufferers.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannek

Cleaning out a room and moving things if painting a room is very annoying to me lol although i do say it is good because in the end, well with me anyway less things get put back into the room from what was taken out of the room, so in a way it's good but it's very annoying to me.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delysid
Me too, me too! I love stripping off wallpaper but I despise having to clear it all up off of the floor once you have finished. It is an absolute nightmare. It'd be great if the vacuum was actually powerful enough to suck up all the BIG bits!

I totally agree, and I also hate having to clean the paintbrushes, as it seems to take forever to get them really clean, and then I usually end up with water everywhere and have to clean that up too.