RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Home and Garden
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Delysid Send a message via Yahoo to Delysid
Default Living Near an Open Area

I live near a wide open area which has a lot of wildlife. Foxes are the main concern due to them carrying a lot of fleas. We get a lot of fleas in the house, especially summer time - we actually think we've got them again. I've been out today to get some more Frontline for my 2 cats just as a precaution. Is there absolutely anything I can do to prevent my cats from going over in to the open area the back? I was thinking like a high pitched noise which would prevent my cats from going anywhere close to it, and consequently prevent them from entering the think under-growth at the back.

Does anybody know of any products like this?

Talk RSI - Discuss RSI related issues with fellow RSI sufferers.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delysid
I live near a wide open area which has a lot of wildlife. Foxes are the main concern due to them carrying a lot of fleas. We get a lot of fleas in the house, especially summer time - we actually think we've got them again. I've been out today to get some more Frontline for my 2 cats just as a precaution. Is there absolutely anything I can do to prevent my cats from going over in to the open area the back? I was thinking like a high pitched noise which would prevent my cats from going anywhere close to it, and consequently prevent them from entering the think under-growth at the back.

Does anybody know of any products like this?

I just know there are products to keep cats from furniture but I haven't heard of anything to keep them from a whole area like that, no. I've also heard they don't like citrus and they don't like aluminum foil... but my cat likes both, so that probably woudn't work either. Maybe your vet would know of a product?

Is there a way to keep them inside? That's what we do... I just don't let her outside... and with those foxes you mentioned, I think I'd be a nervous wreck all the time.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM

There are a few cat "scarers" that you can buy, some emit ultrasonic noise, some spray water, all are activated when cats approach, though they are intended to keep cats out and I don't know if they'd work in reverse. You can actually buy something that apparently deters foxes from approaching property, it is guaranteed to work or your money back. It is rather expensive but then so is continually buying flea treatment.

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/foxwatch-p-1722.html