RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Reviews - Let's talk about Renovation Contractors and Companies around the GTA > Home Improvements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rannek
Default Making kitchen bigger

Hey, we're having a renovating change at our house. We have a bedroom (that no one uses anymore since brother moved out) that is just next to our kitchen. The kitchen has a bar layed our as well that has some small room just next to the wall. So we're thinking of taking that one side of the wall out and making the kitchen extend a little. Then from there we'll put a family room in that room we took down. Probably put a big tv in there or something. What do you guys think of this? It's kinda hard to explain without showing you pictures .
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Sounds like a great thing to do. I love to have enough space in my kitchen and we are currently looking at moving our kitchen boarders out with about 5 feet and create a sort of kitchen corner...

But it is still in the planning stadium, and we are starting to draw up plans.

Good luck with your project.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Delysid Send a message via Yahoo to Delysid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannek
Hey, we're having a renovating change at our house. We have a bedroom (that no one uses anymore since brother moved out) that is just next to our kitchen. The kitchen has a bar layed our as well that has some small room just next to the wall. So we're thinking of taking that one side of the wall out and making the kitchen extend a little. Then from there we'll put a family room in that room we took down. Probably put a big tv in there or something. What do you guys think of this? It's kinda hard to explain without showing you pictures .

I'd love to see some pictures of this to help me visualise it, as you said! I think if you're knocking through to an used room then you should definitely go for it. Otherwise it is just wasted space - and nobody likes wasted space!

Talk RSI - Discuss RSI related issues with fellow RSI sufferers.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannek

It sure is. I'm assuming though that you have something like a pullman kitchen? They're somewhat passée now and I would prefer to open up spaces too. Having the family room right next to the kitchen might increase the risks of piling up calories though.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM

its little hard for me to imagine as per the outline you just gave. are you pulling down the bar also or will it stay up there. a bigger room for a big TV sounds better to me rather than just cramp the TV in a small sized room.