RenoServices.ca - Find Renovation Experts across the GTA
   Home | RenoServices.ca Forum

Go Back   RenoServices.ca Forum > Do It Yourself Projects > DoItYourself - Design and Decor
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 07:59 PM

Default The best way to paint around windows.

Just thought i'd share a good way to paint around windows and glass.. Although this can be applied to any think you don't want to paint on and is common sense.

Firstly you need to get some masking tape. Masking tape won't damage the surface your sticking it to. Then stick in on the very edge of the windows make it two pieces thick and two pieces wide. Then all you gotta do is paint the surface you want and not worry about getting any paint on the windows or glass.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:48 PM

Wink

Sounds great and I have tried this. But I find it takes to much time to do and I don't have the patience for it. I do painting for others and have tried many things. What I find best and faster is this. I just paint and do the best I can not to get to much paint on the glass.But not concerned if I do.I have a wide razor with a handle. I just go back and scape the paint off the glass that way.Comes right off and fast too.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Used that masking tape trick a number of times too. Not only on windows but also on door/cabinet handles and most anything I don't want to paint. I also have a quality art brush for reaching those nook and crannies too small for a paint brush.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM

I have used both methods, and what I do generally depends on the situation and how much time I have. Often scrapping can be a little more time consuming than placing paint tape along the edges. So again it depends on the job and there are even times that I do not use either method as there is no need. Touch ups are very easy and sometimes do not require these.

However for first time painters I would recommend the tape method at it would probably be the easiest for a beginner.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Painting Around Windows

For some jobs I use masking tape, but there have been times when I've used a small brush or sponge to paint around all the edges first, so that when the time comes to do the "main painting" the brush never has to get near the edges.